1. Mutton - 1 kg
2. Onion - 2 (sliced)
3. Shallots - 6 (sliced)
4. Ginger - 2" (chopped)
5. Green chillies - 3 (chopped)
6. Garlic - 4 cloves (chopped)
7. Chilli powder - 1 tsp
8. Coriander powder - 2 1/2 tsp
9. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
10. Garam masala - 1 tsp
11. Tomato - 2 (chopped)
12. Cilantro - 4 tbsp (chopped)
13. Water - 1 cup
14. Coconut oil
15. Salt to taste
1. Mustards seeds - 1/2 tsp
2. Shallots - 6 (sliced)
3. Dried red chillies - 2
4. Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
1. Saute ginger, garlic and green chilli.
2. Add onions and continue till it gets light brown in color.
3. Add tomato and mix well. Move everything from the center to the side and pour some coconut oil in the middle. Add the powders and stir in the center till the raw smell goes.
4. Combine everything and stir well. Continue cooking till the tomato are all mushed up.
5. Add and cup of water and mutton into this. Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
6. Add garam masala and pressure cook for one or more whistle depending on the meat.
7. If the gravy is watery, cook open on high flame. Continue till the gravy has become thick and dark brown in color.
8. In another pan splutter mustards and dried red chillies. Add shallots and curry leaves. Saute till it gets brown in color and pour over the curry. Mix well.
9. Garnish with cilantro and cover the dish and let stand for 30 minutes.